Sunday, July 27, 2008

No Internet connection

Written: Monday 21st July 2008

There has been not Internet connection at my home for 8 days and there is not indication from my provider when they will pinpoint the problem area and correct it. I feel lost in a way.

I visited an Internet cafe last Tuesday to send my article for my column. The condition of my inbox with unread message was so overwhelming I couldn't bring myself to deal with them.

In fact I stayed only long enough to email my submission. The whole experience felt weird. I felt awkward. I'm used to the comfort and privacy of using my computers at home. The Internet cafe was a few steps out of my comfort zone so I hi-tailed it out of there feeling like an idiot.

Since that day, I've been telling myself that I should go back and deal with my messages but I still haven't. It is bothering me but I suppose it is not bothering me enough for me to stop procrastinating and take action.

Secretly, I am hoping that the Internet connection will be restored and from the comfort and privacy of my own home, I can sort through the multitude of emails sitting in my inbox.

What am I doing in the meantime?

I'm working, writing. I've saved several drafts of posts of my blogs which I'll send when I can.

No Internet connection has not been a totally bad thing really. I've accomplished a great deal of writing that I've been avoiding for one reason or another and giving my attention checking email, reading newsletters and blogs and surfing.

No comments:

 
Share |