When I created my first blog I knew very little of the practices that made for a reasonable pleasing and welcoming atmosphere, but I picked some helpful advice along the way. I share 10 of them below.
1. Acknowledge every new follower.
2. Reply to the readers who leave comments.
3. Don’t be afraid to throw a really personal piece in the posting loop.
4. Let your readers know if you are going to be late or absent or apologize the next time you post and give a heads-up if you plan to change the focus and intent of your blog or cancel it altogether.
5. Share a list of your favorite blogs and bloggers.
6. Don’t clutter your blog with too many gadgets.
7. Every now and then treat your readers to a freebie or an award.
8. Share the inspiration - link to inspiring posts by bloggers you admire.
9. Share information liberally – post links to job boards, markets, websites, blogs, anything that writers can use to help them achieve their writing dreams.
10. Keep a manageable, regular and consistent posing schedule.
What have you learned about blogging?