Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Never a dull moment

I may be a recluse. I may be an obsessive compulsive neat freak. I may be a lover of silence and aloneness. But one thing I am sure of, life as a writer is never dull.

Even on those days when I feel blocked, ideas and inspiration are illusive and I ask myself, "Do you really know what you are doing?" I have to admit that there is no boring sameness in my days.

You see writing isn't apart from my life. It is part and parcel of my life. My mental and written to do list is invariably spotted with periods devoted to writing and its various administrative tasks, research and brainstorming. My daily movements are all tied up in my writing in one way or another as I jot down snippets of thoughts and ideas in the midst of seemingly unrelated activities. Even having to deal with contractors these past two weeks has added another aspect to my life. A very interesting one too and it has been a learning experience. I tell you no lie.

Sometimes my days are a little too full but thank God it is interesting and best of all, I get to enjoy it - every waking moment of it.

So here’s to full days, interesting days, days that are never dull. In fact, I raise my coffee mug to every day that I don’t have to get up and rush out of my house but instead enjoy the priviledge, the gift of freedom to lose myself in the one activity that makes my heart skip, dance and sing - writing.

No comments:

 
Share |