Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Second Anniversary thoughts

On this the second anniversary of my debut column, Wright Words of Wisdom, I share with you the body of the memo I sent that set the ball rolling.

I left a brief message on your answering machine. However, I thought a short note about my reason for calling will give you a much better idea about my interest.

I am a freelance writer and my work has been published both in print and online since 1998.

I want to retire from my 9 – 5 job and write fulltime. You will see my writing resume on the following pages to give you an idea of the kind of topics I enjoy writing about. Nevertheless, I don’t have a problem researching and writing about topics I’ve never covered before.

I’d be interested to hear of any projects you have that may require a writer to bring it to fruition.

If you would like to see samples of my work I would be happy to fax several pieces so that you could have an idea of my voice and style.

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

I'm sure many writers and editors would insist that this was not the most professional method to request a column. However, I'm a renegade writer after the likes of Krista Barrett and thanks to her and her newsletter, I've learned not to always take myself and writing career too seriously.

No comments:

 
Share |