Are you focused on your ultimate writing dream? I hope so. Keeping your eye on the prize you want to snag is a good and commendable thing. However, there could be a problem. With eyes trained on the future you could be missing the benefits of the of the day-to-day joys and struggles to get there.
Have you heard the saying about missing the forest for the trees? I think many writers; particularly aspiring writers are often guilty of missing the trees for the forest.
As you keep your eyes on the forest - your writing dream – notice the following trees and make use of what they offer.
- Tried and true and innovative steps you need to take to keep moving forward and achieving one goal at a time.
- Writing rules that ensure good writing and professional dealings with editors and other writers.
- A writing process that not only feeds off your inspiration but inspires you.
- Writing and life practices that encourage and promote efficient and productivity.
- Advice and information from other writers.
Each symbolic tree that makes up the forest of your dream is a vital part of the writing journey.
Have you been staring at the glory of being the writer you have always wanted to be? Good. That’s your forest. A more important question is, are you taking notice of the trees on your way there? Are you making use of their offerings?